A peek into the early 20th century. Wellesley Barracks (WB1 and WB2) where the British soldiers were kept aka Gori Paltan (White Battalion) as opposed to Kali Paltan (Black Battalion) in the present day Infantry School area where the 'Native' battalion was kept. The highest point of Mhow.
Presently part of the MCTE (Military College of Telecommunication Engineering), which was known as the School of Signals till 1967. The highest point of Mhow. One reason the British Battalion was kept here was that they could overlook and protect the road to Bombay (Presently the road to Badgonda and then Mandleshwar).
Photograph by Guerra and Sons pre-1920.
Printed glossy (black and white) (137mm x 87mm)
Author: FIBIS, Source: Original postcard owned by FIBIS;
Licence:CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 Unported;